Beautiful Garbage Photography, Inc.

Beautiful Garbage Photography © on Facebook

About Me

My photo
Desiree Contin is a 23 year old freelance photographer based in Miami, FL. If you'd like to hire her, pose for her, or just chat, she can be reached at either desireecontin@yahoo.com or beautifulgarbagephotography@rocketmail.com

Monday, October 6, 2008

Thelma and John's Wedding 10-4-08

WOW!!!

so, I have just shot my first wedding as a professional.

Insanity.

First off, I gotta say, I haven't been to a wedding besides my own since I was nine, and I don't think I'd ever been to a Catholic ceremony, so I figured the day would be hectic, but I didn't consider it would be CHAOTIC with the only break being the hour and a half long ceremony, which was basically a lecture on contraceptives, abortions, and what slim chances the couple had of making their marriage work, sprinkled with a bit of "do you? do you? ok, give her the ring."

Not for nothing, Catholics, after all I used to be one, but why do ya gotta zap the fun outta everything? lol

I wasn't able to get all the shots I had planned (or had hoped) to get due to the rain and the time crunch mostly, but I did get SO MANY shots that editing them is a little overwhelming to both Kenny and I...I was up til 5:30 AM just organizing the photos based on timeline (since I used two different camera bodies, the photos were separated on two cards in no particular order).

I did have an AMAZING time considering I was "working" (I feel bad calling it work when it's such a blast), and I feel confident that with this wedding under my belt, the next one should be even MORE of a success!

I do have to say, it's two days later...and my back and feet are STILL sore! wow! something to be corrected before next time...MUST GET INSOLES or something! lol

Overall, I'm just very excited and thankful that I got this opportunity (thanks again to Elizabeth Stinson for taking a chance on a rookie and giving me this amazing chance) and I look forward to many more weddings!!!

here are merely a FRACTION of the photos I took...they are not edited WHATSOEVER, except for the vignette I added to them...

more to come once they get edited...





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAAAAYYYY!! Thanks for doing a such a good job! Can't wait to see more photos.

Manuel Rios said...

Beautiful photography, no garbage.